What's the first board game you played?

When it comes to the first board game that you played as a kid, would you be able remember the game? How long did you play the game before moving on from it?

I can remember the very first board game I played as a child and it's one that my kids also had a lot of fun with when they were younger as well, they were able to get a giant-sized version that they could play with their own bodies which was great and I remember getting them that for Christmas one year. The very first board game I remember playing was Snakes and Ladders. It's such a basic but fun board game and definitely one that is perfect for your younger kids when it comes to family get-togethers. My kids used to love playing together when I got the giant-sized version for them and they would spend hours playing.

I started playing board games in the 90's and I can remember very well the first board game that I played. It was Clue. It's a lovely board game where you discover who's the murderer and the weapon he uses to commit the killing. I like the game so much growing up and it's not a surprise we all obsessed with crime games now.

This reminds me of a game called Cluedo and it seems like this may have been a more toned-down version of Cluedo for kids. That game was the same concept but it was more for adults to be honest where you have to discover who the murderer was, what the murder weapon was, and what room the murder was committed in. I remember trying to play Cluedo myself when I was younger with my family but I found it difficult to get the hang of at a young age. Something like Clue would have probably been better for me starting out.

There's a very big possibility that you would have loved playing Clue as a kid. It was a little bit challenging if you don't look deeply playing the game.

As for Cluedo, I have come across it as an adult and it was even very difficult to deal with. But after playing it for a while, I got used to it.

My first board game was "The game of the goose" ("Il gioco dell'oca" in Italian). It's a kids game where the game board has a track starting from 0 and going up to 90. Each player starts at 0 and, turn after turn, they roll 2 dice and they move their pawn accordingly.

Almost all spots in the track have a "special effect" like "go back 2 spots" or "roll again".

As you can imagine, there isn't much of a game there, but it was fun for young me. And I'm positive that it was pretty popular at that time.

My first board game was "The game of the goose" ("Il gioco dell'oca" in Italian). It's a kids game where the game board has a track starting from 0 and going up to 90. Each player starts at 0 and, turn after turn, they roll 2 dice and they move their pawn accordingly.

Almost all spots in the track have a "special effect" like "go back 2 spots" or "roll again".

As you can imagine, there isn't much of a game there, but it was fun for young me. And I'm positive that it was pretty popular at that time.

Yeah it's a pretty basic setup, but as kids anything like that works :p

Not sure what was my first, but at least the first game I ever wished for was Risk (I was probably 8). Had a great time with that one :)

Now that's a game with lots of history.... lol. I remember having some really brutal and very, very, long games over RISK. My nephew also loved it, so it got to the table more than maybe I personally would have liked ^^

Netflix Risk GIF by Blown Away

My first game that I remember, is Settlers of Catan. I quite liked the game, and still do. It got me into board gaming, as I imagine many have that ventured through Catan :)
Now I mostly play it now and then on digital, not so much live.

Back
Top Bottom