What board game do you dislike?

We may all have those board games that we absolutely love but not everyone enjoys every board game that has been released and some of us may love a board game that others do not.

What board games do you dislike that others seem to like but you just could not get into?

Certain games just doesn't click with me, especially if the theme is bland. (likewise a fantastic theme/art can elevate a "just ok" game to good). Even if they are "popular" games by general metrics.

I can't really recall recent games that I've tried that I really disliked, other than perhaps a game I got from Kickstarter a while back. (Nocturion).

I'd like to add: no matter how your game has luck mitigations: if you roll bad, you fall behind because you have to rebuild all your spent "luck mitigation mechanism" that your opponent still has intact.

True. But timing is also important. Good rolls can be more important early on (to snowball), rather than later once it is too late to catch up.

Agricola Family Edition is also pretty bad. It has 0 replay value: no variable setup, no variable player powers and no variable events. You just play the very same game every time. Also, the game isn't as tight as the original Agricola, so in 2 or 3 plays you explore all possible paths to victory points.

Agricola Family Edition is also pretty bad. It has 0 replay value: no variable setup, no variable player powers and no variable events. You just play the very same game every time. Also, the game isn't as tight as the original Agricola, so in 2 or 3 plays you explore all possible paths to victory points.

Darn I see.. That definitely sucks. So in other words you can play the game a few times, then just sell it as it has no replay value in your collection..
Sticking to original Agricola is better ^^

Have you tried the Terraforming Mars dice version? I own the original (love it), but never got around to testing the easier and quick dice version.. Not sure if it looks good or if it is really bad lol.

Darn I see.. That definitely sucks. So in other words you can play the game a few times, then just sell it as it has no replay value in your collection..
Sticking to original Agricola is better ^^

Have you tried the Terraforming Mars dice version? I own the original (love it), but never got around to testing the easier and quick dice version.. Not sure if it looks good or if it is really bad lol.
Exactly: I've sold my copy of Agricola family edition pretty easily.

I haven't tried Terraforming Mars dice version. Isn't "Ares Expedition" the quick version of "Terraforming Mars"?

Exactly: I've sold my copy of Agricola family edition pretty easily.

I haven't tried Terraforming Mars dice version. Isn't "Ares Expedition" the quick version of "Terraforming Mars"?

Yeah sorry I mixed things up. The dice game is coming, but it isn't out yet.

Ares is out, but that isn't a "dice version". It is a small scale quick version though without the fun parts (the actual terraforming) :p

Back
Top Bottom