Have you thought about making your own board game? What would it be like?

I have thought about the notion of making my own board game.. :)
If I were to make it, it would be a strategy sandbox game with medium/high complexity with card management (cards for combat/reactions, event cards etc), area control and NPC/player fighting/interaction. It could feature some luck elements such as dices, but it would have to be well implemented with plenty of mitigating factors.
As for the setting, I'm torn between futuristic/sci-fi and historic (pirate era, late 1600s/early 1700s).
I have a word file with some stuff drafted down more specifically, but I don't know if I will ever have the time to actually try and make something more solid out of it..

I have thought about the notion of making my own board game.. :)
If I were to make it, it would be a strategy sandbox game with medium/high complexity with card management (cards for combat/reactions, event cards etc), area control and NPC/player fighting/interaction. It could feature some luck elements such as dices, but it would have to be well implemented with plenty of mitigating factors.
As for the setting, I'm torn between futuristic/sci-fi and historic (pirate era, late 1600s/early 1700s).
I have a word file with some stuff drafted down more specifically, but I don't know if I will ever have the time to actually try and make something more solid out of it..
Do you own Tabletop Simulator? It's quite easy to prototype games with that.

• Admin
Do you own Tabletop Simulator? It's quite easy to prototype games with that.

Yes I do have that. Hmm that's true, I have heard about it. :) (just haven't played around with it). I'll have to write down and tinker more with that basics first though, to have a proper understanding of what kind of game I want.

Back
Top Bottom