Crowdfunding Gamefound 2022 falls short of its goal, but still ate into the Kickstarter market share - Do you like Gamefound?

Marcin Świerkot, founder of the upstart crowdfunding platform Gamefound, set an ambitious goal for his company in 2022. He and his team hoped to bring in $67.5 million — 25% of competitor Kickstarter’s revenue from tabletop projects in 2021. In the end, he fell well short of that goal. The Poland-based Gamefound increased its revenue more than 45% last year, earning just $28.3 million for new projects. Set against Kickstarter’s own $33 million decline in the tabletop category over the same period, it’s clear that, despite not reaching its financial goal, his team is quickly gaining on the Brooklyn-based crowdfunding giant.
https://www.polygon.com/tabletop-games/23579623/top-10-board-games-on-gamefound-2022-crowdfunding

1675345673823.png

Still a pretty good year as first year "out of beta". Kickstarter definitely noticed the added competition.
I especially like the Gamefound comment system and tags. Searching through kickstarter comments looking for vital details is a HUGE PAIN. On Gamefound you can just use the tags. (generally people are good at tagging important comments/replies with appropriate tags). As well as just the fact that competition is vital for bringing better deals to publishers/designers and backers.
The stable program is also a nice security for backers, who doesn't like that?

What do you think of Gamefound? Better functionality/features than Kickstarter?
Who wants to bet that Kickstarter is coming with its own pledge manager soon if they really start to notice the competition this year as well.. :)

I think Gamefound is a pretty good platform, and Kickstarter definitely needs the competition! Having both Awaken Realms and Red Raven Games on board is of course a huge advantage.

The tags for comments is a lifesaver for sure as you mentioned, as well as the functionality around stretch goals and various packages looking more refined and easier to navigate.

• Admin
It still bothers me that you cannot read game updates from Gamefound in the update e-mail, but have to get routed to the Gamefound page.
Overall Gamefound is easier to navigate and have a better interface.

True, that is a bit annoying actually.. Still I vastly prefer Gamefound, so hope their market share keeps ticking upwards to pressure Kickstarter to innovate more to keep up. Hard competition is good for us consumers.

Back
Top Bottom