Favourite solo games

Hubbe

Expert Craftsman
What is your favourite solo games?

For me:

1. Too Many Bones
2. The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-Earth
3. Burncycle

I'm really looking forward to Hoplomachus: Victorum showing up.

Marvel Champions LCG for me!

Tip of the day: don't fall in the Marvel Champions hole: it's difficult to climb back to light.

Unlike other LCG games, you don't spend your turns to survive: you really have the feeling of 'doing stuff'. Sometimes you have those big turns where you deal a lot of damage or clear a vary bad board state and it's satisfying.

You can also tune the difficulty.

What is your favourite solo games?

For me:

1. Too Many Bones
2. The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-Earth
3. Burncycle

I'm really looking forward to Hoplomachus: Victorum showing up.
Is "Too many bones" scenario based? Or it's just skirmish?

I haven't tried much of solo, but I have a plan to at least try it with my upcoming games Darkest Doom and Euthia: Resurrected :) So hopefully it will be a hit and I can keep exploring solo further.

Favorites:
- Robinson Crusoe
- Mage Knight
- Tainted Grail
- Mansions of Madness

Glooomhaven used to be up there but I've played it too much and it's falling behind. Frosthaven is a contendor.

Favorites:
- Robinson Crusoe
- Mage Knight
- Tainted Grail
- Mansions of Madness

Glooomhaven used to be up there but I've played it too much and it's falling behind. Frosthaven is a contendor.

Solid list. Thoughts on the newly announced game from Awaken Realms, Dragon Eclipse?
A game aimed at solo and 2 player mode. But the game seems a fair bit lighter than some of the heavy hitters like MK, GH etc.

Is "Too many bones" scenario based? Or it's just skirmish?
Sorry for the late reply :)
Too Many Bones core game have a set of ( mostly random) encounters (6-12, can't remember exactly and it varies of which Tyrant you want to fight). There are expansions with different scenarios.

I like Cartopgrahers. Works well with solo as it is mostly non-interactive anyway in multiplayer.
Also Terraforming Mars, even though it isn't a true solo mode, but just playing for the highest score on time.
The upcoming Automa expansion adds new algorithms and special cards to spice things up in solo, which I'll definitely pick up!

Back
Top Bottom